The Pioneer CDJ 3000 is the latest and greatest in DJ technology. It’s a powerful, versatile, and reliable machine that will take your sets to the next level.
Though it’s called a CDJ, it doesn’t actually have a CD drive. This may sound like a strange decision, but with modern technology, it makes perfect sense. The CDJ 3000 can play all of your digital music files, including WAV, FLAC, and AIFF. This means you can access your entire music library, no matter where it’s stored.
The CDJ 3000 is also packed with features that will make your life as a DJ easier. It has a high-resolution touchscreen display, a powerful processor, and a range of innovative new tools that will help you mix and scratch like a pro.
If you’re looking for the best DJing experience possible, the Pioneer CDJ 3000 is the machine for you. Read on for our full review.
In the rest of the review, we’ll take a closer look at all of the features of the CDJ 3000 and discuss how they can help you improve your DJing skills.
Model: Pioneer CDJ-3000
Manufacturer: Pioneer DJ
Description: Professional DJ multi-player
Price: USD $2299 / GBP £2169 / EUR 2399
Availability: In Stock
New Multi-Processor and Sound Quality
Pioneer DJ boasts the CDJ-3000 has the most powerful processor on the market. The internal computer consists of two ARM Cortex MPUs, a 1.5GHz dual-core A57 and a 1.2GHz quad-core A53. This enhances the new features of the player, in addition to the advanced audio processing.
The new processor is now capable of features being upgraded over time.
The sound quality is also improved as Pioneer DJ has completely redesigned the audio engine, meaning that any track played will be upsampled to 96kHz/32-bit floating.
9-inch Touch Screen
The CDJ-3000 has a beautiful, large 9-inch, colorful touchscreen. It is a 1280 x 720 display, and 150% brighter. This allows you to use the CDJ without having to stare at a laptop screen. There are useful features such as shortcuts and buttons to navigate through the Playlist and Search functions.
The Touch Preview feature allows you to simply touch the waveform to preview that section of the track.
When you press the Key Sync button, the next track will automatically synchronise the key with that of the original deck. Using the Key Shift button on the touch screen, you are able to manually adjust the track’s key up or down.
The Jog Wheel on the CDJ-3000 have been improved, giving it a much slicker feel. It also features a bright LCD screen in the centre of the jog wheel with track details and even a visual display of the track artwork.
Plug in your USB drive loaded with your Rekordbox music playlist for better functionality.
Use your laptop with the CDJs, or your iPhone and Rekordbox for iOS, with a USB cable and Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter.
Improved Build Quality
The top plate is now full aluminium, and the Play/Pause and Cue buttons have been redesigned for improved durability, according to Pioneer DJ.
The IEC, or “Kettle” cable now locks into the back of the player, preventing any accidental removals during DJing.
In The Box
- Power Cord (V-lock*)
- Digital audio cable
- Analog audio cable
- LAN cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Precautions for Use
*Excluding some regions
- Width: 329 mm
- Height: 118 mm
- Depth: 453 mm
- Weight: 5.5 kg
- Main Display: 9-inch, full color HD LCD touch screen
- On Jog Display: Color LCD
- Jog Dial Size: 206 mm
- Hot Cue
- Auto Beat Loop
- Beat Jump/Loop Move
- Beat Sync
- Key Sync/Key Shift
- Slip Mode
- Vinyl Speed Adjust
- USB Storage Devices
- SD Card
- Mac/Windows PC
- 1 USB A Port
- 1 USB B Port
- 1 Analogue (RCA)
- 1 Digital (Coaxial)
Pioneer CDJ 3000 – Pros and Cons
Overall, the Pioneer CDJ 3000 is a powerful and versatile DJing machine that is packed with features. It is a great choice for professional DJs who are looking for the best possible performance and sound quality. However, it is also an expensive machine, and it may not be the best choice for beginners.
Here are some additional details about the pros and cons of the CDJ 3000:
- High-resolution touchscreen display: The CDJ 3000 has a large, high-resolution touchscreen display that makes it easy to see all of the information you need. The display is also very responsive, making it easy to make quick changes to your settings.
- Powerful processor: The CDJ 3000 is powered by a powerful processor that makes it capable of handling even the most demanding DJing tasks. This means that you can play even the most complex mixes without any lag or stuttering.
- Range of innovative new tools: The CDJ 3000 comes with a range of innovative new tools that can help you improve your DJing skills. These tools include a new looping function, a new pitch bend function, and a new sampler.
- Compatible with a wide range of music formats: The CDJ 3000 can play a wide range of music formats, including WAV, FLAC, and AIFF. This means that you can access your entire music library, no matter where it’s stored.
- Built-in sound card: The CDJ 3000 has a built-in sound card that allows you to connect it directly to a PA system or a mixer. This makes it easy to set up and start DJing right away.
- Durable construction: The CDJ 3000 is built to last. It is made from high-quality materials and is designed to withstand the rigors of touring and club use.
- Expensive: The CDJ 3000 is an expensive machine. It is priced at around $3,000. This makes it out of reach for many beginner DJs.
- No CD drive: The CDJ 3000 does not have a CD drive. This means that you cannot play CDs on it. However, you can still play all of your digital music files, including WAV, FLAC, and AIFF.
- Limited software compatibility: The CDJ 3000 is not compatible with all DJ software. It is only compatible with Pioneer’s own DJ software, Rekordbox. This means that you may not be able to use it with your favorite DJ software.
- Steep learning curve: The CDJ 3000 is a powerful machine, but it also has a steep learning curve. It may take some time to learn how to use all of its features.