In another release from the world-renowned DJ equipment manufacturer, Pioneer DJ has just released the DDJ-FLX6. The $600 DJ Controller is designed for Rekordbox and Serato DJ and has some new FX and scratch features.
One of the frustrating things to face when buying a new DJ Controller is if it is not designed for your favourite DJ software. Even if it is compatible with it, sometimes the features and controls do not work as comfortably as you might like.
Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ and Serato FX Pack is included with the Serato DJ Pro unlock.
The DDJ-FLX6 boasts some worthy specs, including full-sized jog wheels, a nice dark grey matte finish and some new scratch and FX features:
- Merge FX – At the top right of each deck is a knob to enable a range of effects. Pressing the knob adds a crescendo. Once you start the track playing, the drop is triggered.
- Jog Cutter – This allows the DJ to select a scratch effect by moving the jog wheel clockwise to the desired position. The scratch is triggered by moving the jogwheel in the anticlockwise direction. The scratch is enabled without the use of the crossfader!
- Sample Scratch – Select a sample at the cue point of your choosing and it will be ready to scratch with or apply the Jog Cutter In Serato DJ Pro, this feature is known as Scratch Bank. Whereas it is completely new for Rekordbox.
“Captivate your audience with the DDJ-FLX6. Packing a host of brand-new features, this 4-channel unit makes it easy to hype up the audience, mix tracks from totally different musical genres, and spice up your sets with pro-sounding scratch effects.”
- 4-channel mixer
- USB bus powered
- Built-in sound card (audio interface)
- 8 back-lit, rubber performance pads
- Jog wheels: 206 mm
- Sampler: 16 slot/4 bank
- Hot cues: 8
- Width 676 mm,
- Height 68.7 mm
- Depth 345.7 mm
- Weight 3.8 kg
- Inputs: 1 MIC (1/4 inch TRS Jack)
- USB: 1 USB B port
- 1 Master (RCA)
- 1 Booth (RCA)
- 2 Headphone monitor (1/4 inch Stereo Phone Jack, 3.5mm Stereo mini-jack)