Are you a mobile DJ looking for ideas on what songs to play at an awards ceremony? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll give you some great ideas to get the crowd excited and engaged. From pop hits to classics, there’s a song for every award recipient. So sit back, relax, and let us help you create the perfect playlist for your next event.
Why you should have walk-up songs at your awards ceremony
Having tracks for each nominee is a great way to level up your award ceremony! Not only do walk-up songs add an exciting and theatrical touch, but they also give your guests something to talk about outside of the awards themselves. Whether it’s a classic rock hit or an up-and-coming pop song, there’s sure to be something that speaks to each nominee and their achievements.
How to choose the perfect walk-up song for each award recipient
Choosing the perfect music for award recipients as they walk onto the stage is one of the most enjoyable parts of DJing an award ceremony. From classic hits to modern pop songs, there’s a wide range of possibilities to choose from. The most important thing is to make sure that the song fits the tone of the event and speaks to each individual award recipient.
You can ask the host if they have a list of tracks they would like to play, you can choose songs for them (making sure you get them approved), or have a bank of music suitable for awards ceremonies.
It’s a good idea to do as much research as possible to make the event memorable. There might be one simple factor about the award, the recipient or the company that fits perfectly with a particular song.
How to prepare and play the walk-up tracks
You would be forgiven for thinking you can just play each track from the start and then stop it when directed to. But as a professional DJ, you will want a more planned approach.
Most DJ software has the ability to set ‘cue points’ or ‘hot cues’. This enables us to set the exact moment you want to start the song from.
Think about how long it would take each recipient to walk from their seat to the award collection point. It’s likely to be anything from 20 seconds up to a minute. The award winner (and the audience) will be impressed to hear you select the key verse or chorus from the selected song played as soon as their name is announced.
Don’t forget to ask the hosts if there will be any acceptance speeches so you can bring down the volume in time and perhaps supply a microphone if agreed.
You will also want to decide if you play the track from that same point as they return to their seat, play a different section, or will the announcer start presenting the next award straight away.
The top 15 songs for awards ceremonies
Picking just fifteen songs for an awards ceremony can be a daunting task. Thankfully, with some research and thought into the evening’s atmosphere, any DJ can select some tunes which will create a positive atmosphere for the awards night. The ten songs chosen should fit the tone of the event and include a variety of forms and eras of music to cater to different music tastes. From classic rock hits to modern-day pop anthems, featuring fan-favorites and hidden gems alike, the music should be carefully selected to elevate the occasion while also providing the opportunity for conversation. With the right tunes in place, any awards ceremony is sure to be memorable!
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor – This song is about determination and perseverance, which are two qualities that are essential for success in business.
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake – This upbeat song is sure to get everyone in the mood to celebrate.
- “We Are the Champions” by Queen – This classic rock anthem is a great choice for any awards ceremony, and it’s sure to get everyone singing along.
- “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman – This inspiring song is about finding your own voice and embracing your uniqueness.
- “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” by Kelly Clarkson – This song is about overcoming adversity and coming out stronger on the other side.
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor – This classic disco anthem is a reminder that we can overcome anything if we never give up.
- “Don’t Stop Believin‘” by Journey – This rock anthem is a call to never give up on your dreams.
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams – This upbeat song is sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell – This classic soul song is about the power of love and determination.
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers – This soulful ballad is about the importance of friendship and support.
- “Imagine” by John Lennon – This iconic song is a call for peace and unity.
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong – This timeless classic is a celebration of life and all that it has to offer.
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles – This hopeful song is a reminder that better days are ahead.
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen – This beautiful song is about love, loss, and redemption.
- “Amazing Grace” by John Newton – This hymn is a timeless expression of faith and hope.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. When choosing songs for your business awards ceremony, it’s important to consider the tone of the event and the message you want to convey. With so many great songs to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect ones to make your event a success.
An awards ceremony can be made even more special with the right music. As a professional DJ, it’s important to have a planned approach when selecting and playing walk-up tracks for award recipients. By doing research into the tone of the event and the individual awardees, DJs can pick out appropriate songs that will make the evening memorable.